Monday, January 12, 2015

Our First REAL Day of Work

Today marked our first day of teaching English! Like I said earlier, we only teach one class a day for three weeks during the kids' winter vacation. Regular classes begin on March 2nd when we teach 4-6 classes a day. Rumor has it, I will be teaching kindergartners! Yay and eek at the same time. Sure wish I knew how to speak Korean.

Anyway, our first day of teaching flew by! I ended up having too many activities planned, always a good thing, in my opinion! I had beginner students and they were all so enthusiastic, it was so much fun! Many of the kids would try to speak to me in Korean and I felt so bad that I couldn't answer their questions. However, I introduced myself to them by showing pictures of my family, friends, and activities I like (mainly, traveling).

At the end of the day, the students told our co-teacher all about me! How I had four brothers, two sisters, and five dogs. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Judging my first day, it is shaping up to be a fun-filled three weeks!

Unfortunately, Jacob doesn't want to blog about his day today. All I got out of him was, "it was good".


Coby hard at work :)
First day of school pic! 
My first "example" craft, name tags!
"Library"


Lecture room that Jacob teaches in


Lecture room that I work in




Hallway of English Center where lecture rooms are
Teacher's room where we spend most of our time
Some of pictures of my "beginner" students

One of my favorite meals, dak galbi (chicken) 
Chicken, cabbage, onion, rice cake, covered in chili pepper paste

Afterward, they serve kimchi rice

My favorite meal of all time! Beef shabu shabu!

Afterward they serve noodles and rice

Some kind of juice that goes with the shabu shabu


No comments:

Post a Comment